Monday, April 29, 2013

Weekend Recap

This weekend was pretty wonderful.  

Friday night Daniel and I went out for a SIX MONTHS TIL OUR WEDDING! date.  We got sushi at our favorite place in Bentonville and then wandered around the new Cabela's (similar to Bass Pro Shop) before heading back to my place to watch She's the Man. :)  Daniel built a fire with the last of my firewood.  It was a perfect rainy evening.

Saturday I visited The Handmade Market in Fayetteville.  I'd never been before, but I will definitely be back for more vintage posters for only $5!  I've been eyeing that same butterfly poster on Urban Outfitters for a while now, so finding it that cheap was pretty exciting. After that I picked up Daniel and we took a few bags of clothes to Plato's in Rogers, where we scored a little cash for the rest of the weekend.  We wandered around HomeGoods for a while, then The Fresh Market, where we bought stuff to make dinner. 

I made Shauna Niequist's mango chicken curry (from Bread & Wine) and The Sprouted Kitchen's mango mint lassi.  Daniel said he really liked both of them, so all the chopping was worth it! The Indian flavors and smells really took me back while I was cooking.

Sunday morning we had a full room of little ones.  They're so much fun.  After the morning service, I did a little reading and napping on the couch with Penny.  I prepared a salad before heading to the evening service.  Daniel grilled up the rest of the chicken we bought the day before--so good!

We ended the weekend with a little wildflower hunting, movie watching, and dark chocolate eating.  It really was a lovely couple of days.




























No comments:

Post a Comment