Thursday, April 11, 2013

Thrifty Thursday: We Hit the Jackpot!


This is what the floor of my car looks like right now.  I mentioned that Daniel and I found a jackpot of something very exciting on our walk Sunday--PINE CONES!  I'm anxious to get started on multiple projects with these little pretties.  I wasn't sure I'd be able to find a good stash of them before our wedding in the fall, and I didn't want to pay for something like this at Hobby Lobby when they could be free.  So I was giddy when we stumbled upon these babies.  Who knew they grew and fell in April?  Does it have something to do with this overwhelmingly long winter we're having--or is this like a normal thing? I don't really associate them with spring, but hey, I'll take it!

We now plan to stalk the area we found them in on a regular basis from now until October.  It was a pretty special date--a long walk ending in us both stretching out the bottoms of our shirts, filling them with pine cones, and making about twenty trips to my car.  How cool are we?

Speaking of dates, we've had an unusual amount of them this past week.  I'm planning a post on dating while engaged--be looking for it soon!

I'll leave you with a few photos of some pretty things others have made with these natural little gems:


1


2


3



4


5



So lovely!





No comments:

Post a Comment