Monday, April 15, 2013

Sunday Snapshots

I love Sundays.  Every day offers a fresh start, but I can really FEEL the grace of a new beginning on Sunday.  I'm sure this has a little to do with getting to worship with my church family, but that doesn't happen for me until 5:30 p.m., and I love every minute leading up to it.

I couldn't sleep in yesterday--the sun came up and into my bedroom and was like, "Time to get your butt outside, because I'm here and warm and you love me!"  So I took Penny for a long walk at 8 a.m. and did a little yoga before getting ready to head to the church preschool.  Daniel called around 10 and offered to take me out for donuts on our way--a very pleasant surprise.  We ended up needing the sugar because we had more kids than usual and I think the sun was calling to them, too. They were CRAZY, but in the fun two-year-old way I love.   

It was almost 80 degrees when we left the church, so we grabbed Penny and headed out to the dog park for a bit before Daniel had to go work on a group project.  I did a little lazy reading in my hammock while Penny rolled around in the mud (awesome), then Daniel and I went our separate ways.  I tidied up the house a bit before getting ready for the evening service.  We discussed Acts 4, which is pretty stinkin' cool.  I went grocery shopping afterward, which pretty much turned into plant shopping, but that's okay.  :)  Then I got to work on hanging some flowers in one of my closets to dry out for a few weeks so I can get started on a few wedding projects.  My Sunday ended with season three of The Office, a bowl of yummy grapes, and some snuggling with my pup.  I'm anticipating a lovely week.









No comments:

Post a Comment