Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Wedding Inspiration: Food (Pt. 2)--Popcorn Bar

Since Daniel and I are planning a mid-afternoon wedding, we are not serving a meal.  But, we will have a little dancing, so we want to provide a small salty snack to compliment the cake and pie--does anyone else feel like they NEED salt after they've had a little sugar, and vice versa? Is it just me?

Anyway, who doesn't love popcorn?  And there are so many ways to flavor it, both salty and sweet!  Daniel and I are planning to have a few date nights between now and the wedding to try some new popcorn seasonings--we hope to find several we really like, and maybe a few our guests may have never thought to try!

After we decided we wanted to have a small appetizer or snack, I began brainstorming ways we could try to please everyone, but not buy a ton of different types of food.  I started thinking about what I like to eat on a crisp fall afternoon/evening, and then I remembered when I was little, we used to get those big ol' tins of assorted flavors of popcorn right before the holiday season. Aha!  I searched popcorn on Pinterest and sure enough--I was not the first to come up with it.  And that's okay, because I love seeing the ways other couples have set up space for this specific treat.  


1


2


3


4


So cute! And right up our alley, as far as budget goes.  There are several places you can buy popcorn in bulk for a very affordable price, including Sam's Club.  I'm excited to use these photo as inspiration to create a popcorn bar of our own!





1 comment:

  1. Popcorn is not a usual food selection at a wedding reception, but it’s interesting to have - very playful - since your wedding was held in a mid-afternoon. It’s a good balancer to the sweet side of your food selection. I’m sure your guests were all delighted to have tried every flavor.

    Hildred @ CGliv.com

    ReplyDelete