Friday, April 19, 2013

This Week

I keep typing, "Happy Friday!" and hitting backspace because today is heavy, and I don't want to disrespect those who are grieving through personal pain.  It's only been four days since the bombings at the Boston Marathon finish line, and today marks 18 years since the Oklahoma City bombing.  I remember seeing it on the news then--I was only five years old--and feeling proud to be an Oklahoman while running in the memorial half marathon in college.  But this week reshaped my memories of those races and my desire to run again, maybe next year.  I'm older and have a different understanding of life, death, innocence, and loss than I did at five years old.  I am not a gifted runner, but I have more of a reason to run--some of the most talented, dedicated runners in the country no longer can.


This was a full week--I had to catch up on the news through Twitter between my everyday commitments and then late at night before I went to bed.  





We rallied eight new backers this week--we are so excited!  Thank you for joining, newbies!

Also, our fundraiser is on the Pure Charity blog today! Check it out.


I have a pretty long to do list for this weekend, but I'm excited about each item (except for maybe bathing Penny--she doesn't love water).  Our save the dates came in Wednesday, so I need to get to work on addressing and stamping those.  Daniel and I are planning on taking our sweet friend and house party member Abby out to the venue tomorrow to start drawing up some decor plans. And our band, Little Chief, is playing a house show tomorrow night.   Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment