Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Planning Progress: Save the Dates

Daniel and I are getting married six months from Friday. SIX MONTHS! 

I can't believe we've already been engaged for four months.  It's gone super quickly.  That doesn't mean we aren't ready to get married or anything--we've just stayed busy and haven't had time to sit around and complain about the ten months between him dropping the knee and our wedding day. This time has been wonderful, and I'm so thankful for this sweet, crazy season of our lives.

But...we're now six months out.  Some Pinterest lists would say it's crunch time, others tell me I can relax now that I've gotten all the booking and buying done.  I find myself feeling somewhere in the middle--I don't really want a "crunch time"--I'd like to start crossing things off my crafting list (it keeps getting longer, I have to start at some point) and not wait until it becomes a stressful few weeks rather than a series of fun, relaxing evenings. We do have most of the big things booked, but that doesn't mean my job is done since we aren't hiring a planner or purchasing already-made decor.  So I'm excited, but I need to get it through my head that time isn't slowing down and I really will be getting married and throwing a sweet little party with our favorite people here in half a year.

So, we're crossing off another list item this week! Save the Dates :)  And thanks to the ridiculously talented Kinsey Mhire and all of the beautiful photos she provided, they pretty much designed themselves.

Daniel and I knew we wanted something simple.  When we got our engagement photos back and began looking through them, he paused on this one and said, "This would be a cool save the date!"  



I agreed, and that was all the discussion we needed.  I threw some text on the photo through Adobe Photoshop the next morning, sent them to my uncle at VisualFX in Tulsa, and we had them by the end of the week.  Too easy!


The first thing my dad said when he looked at the proof was, "Did you know you cut your heads off?"  I realize it's a little different to not show our faces, but our names are on the back, and we really loved how this photo captured our relationship and our fall wedding with minimal text.  We turned them into postcards by drawing a line with a black Sharpie pen on the back, wrote out addresses and stuck stamps on them, and voila! Easy DIY Save the Dates. :)  
And cheap postage!

No comments:

Post a Comment