Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Wedding Inspiration: Food (Pt. 1)--Nontraditional Cakes

When Daniel and I decided to attempt this $2,000 wedding, we weren't sure how we'd go about feeding our guests.  We knew we'd host an afternoon wedding to avoid a full sit-down meal, but that was about it.  Every time I go to research wedding snacks, I get distracted by pretty desserts.  Does anyone else think a fall wedding and pies just go hand in hand?  I'm daydreaming of a pretty little pie bar with an assortment of fruit and fall flavors--apple, blueberry, cherry, pecan, pumpkin....mmm.  And there is no shortage of inspiration for serving pie out there, that's for sure.  Here are a few ideas I like:


1



2


3

Luckily, I've somehow managed to surround myself with people who love baking for pleasure.  One of my bridesmaids, Lizz, is quite the baker.  I also have aspirations of baking the perfect pretty little pie before the wedding rolls around.  As of now, it looks like the whole idea coming to fruition will be a team effort--but that's the best kind of effort!  I so appreciate my loved ones stepping up to make this whole vision work--it's incredible to have such supportive people in my life. 

Aside from pie, we plan to have at least one cake option (we haven't discussed a groom's cake much yet, but we'll get there).  My dad's girlfriend made the most delicious lemon cheesecake over the holidays.  Daniel and I both tried it and knew immediately we wanted it for our wedding.  It'll be a simple, beautiful white cake.  I'm toying with the idea of adding a few flowers for character.  I loooove this one:


1


I'm so excited to do some baking with the people I love and to look back on my wedding as a time I felt really blessed by their help and support.  Hooray for community!







No comments:

Post a Comment