Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Planning Progress: Engagement Photos

Three-ish weeks ago, Daniel and I journeyed to Springfield, Missouri for a very special photo session, which Daniel gifted to me for Valentine's Day because he knew how obsessed I was with this particular photographer's work.  We were both excited and a little anxious--we've had our pictures taken together many times before, but never by someone we had never met.  However, I felt like I already knew Kinsey from reading her blog every day, but I couldn't decide if that made it more or less weird, knowing what she did the day before without her knowing anything about us, haha.  

The day ended up being SO MUCH FUN!  Kinsey is incredibly sweet and went so out of her way to make sure we got every type of location I mentioned liking throughout our email correspondence.  And the photos--oh my GOODNESS, the photos! They are even better than Daniel and I were anticipating.  She made us feel super comfortable in our love, so we were able to just laugh and be ourselves.  We aren't the most PDA-showing couple most of the time, but she captured the ease and goofiness of our relationship so beautifully.  Eeek!  

















We laughed a lot at the photos of Penny ^.  She's a dork.

I designed our Save the Dates first thing Monday morning so I could get them sent off to the printer--we should have them by the end of the week!  

These photos will not only be a huge part of our engagement/wedding planning process, but will make the walls in our home very happy for many years to come.  We'll be able to look at them every day and remember this crazy, joyful season of our young lives..  When Daniel saw one of our favorites of us sitting by the fire, he said something like, "This is the kind of photo our kids will see one day and say, 'Whoa, mom and dad used to look like that?'"  :) That was very sweet of him.  


No comments:

Post a Comment