Thursday, May 23, 2013

$3K Raised and Wedding Rings

Hooray! Our fundraiser hit $3K today, and together 57 of us have impacted 3,458 people all over the world!


We realize things aren't moving all that quickly--we are halfway through our engagement and 12% funded.  But we are not giving up hope! We are committed and excited to be a part of this, whether we raise the $25K or not.  We've already bettered almost 3500 lives, which makes it hard to get down about this whole deal. Our dream in this is people, not numbers.  So thank you, givers, for coming alongside us to fund so many incredible projects!




I stumbled across a few of my favorite fall things on my run yesterday.  Between these and the beautiful weather, I was in a really good mood and feeling excited about our wedding and the fall aesthetic we'd chosen.  So I asked my boo if we could sit down and do a little planning.  We haven't talked about details in a while--Daniel graduating, moving, and starting work were more pressing priorities, for obvious reasons.

But we were able to spend yesterday evening wedding planning at Mama Carmen's, and it was wonderful!  It's nice to be on the same page since we are marrying each other at the end of all of this. :)  We think we nailed down all of our honeymoon and travel stuff, so we hope to be booking the trip soon!  



We also looked through wedding rings and found one on Etsy that looks like it was straight up made for my engagement ring.  We really didn't know if that was possible, since my ring is so old and most rings in that era came in sets.  But we may have found the match--it's my size and everything! The pretty little thing is in the mail, and I can't wait to see what it looks like with my ring.  I mostly just can't wait for Daniel to slide it on my finger in October, because that will mean I'm his wife and we get to start really doing life together.  Eeeek!







1 comment:

  1. I have enjoyed reading your post. It is well written. It looks like you spend a large amount of time and effort on your blog. I appreciate your effort. Please check out my site.
    uniquedesignsjewelry

    ReplyDelete