Monday, September 30, 2013

This Man

Last night Daniel and I worked on sorting through RSVP cards (deadline is tomorrow), talked to family members about hotel reservations, and went over what all we still have left to get done.  When we came to a stopping point, I asked if we could do something I've been wanting to do for a while. Without knowing what he was getting himself into, he said of course and poured us a couple glasses of wine.

I found THIS LIST on Pinterest a couple of weeks ago and barely skimmed through it before I knew I wanted Daniel and I to take turns answering the questions.  I knew several of his answers already, but many of them addressed things we've never specifically discussed--like opening each other's mail.

We spent over three hours going over Daniel's answers--we didn't even get to me.  But that was perfectly okay because I love hearing Daniel's heart and continuing to get to know him better.  I definitely learned new things about the man I'm about to marry in a few short weeks.  Considering we've known one another for 10+ years, the fact that I still have so much to learn makes me really excited to keep pursuing the best ways to love, respect, and understand Daniel throughout our marriage.

Last night was fantastic because it felt like we were just starting to date again--still getting to know one another.  Planning a wedding can easily become a distraction from actively loving and seeking out your almost-spouse's heart, and I'm so happy I had an opportunity to step back and focus on who Daniel is and how he needs to be loved.

This man, you guys, is as incredible as they come.  Thank You, Lord, for somehow convincing him to marry me.


1 comment:

  1. Yes! I just got married in May and my [then]fiance and I did the exact same questions. Even though we had been dating for years, there were answers that surprised us. It is a great exercise, and helped get us ready for marriage.

    ReplyDelete