Wednesday, September 25, 2013

24 Goals for My 24th Year

I turned 24 on Sunday.  This is how we celebrated.

I'm a list-maker.  I love crossing things off lists.  I can't even begin to tell you how many lists, broad and detailed, I've made while planning this wedding.  Fortunately, I've crossed a LOT of things off of those lists.  And it's been awesome.

I'm not sure when I began making goal lists on my birthday, but I've been doing it for several years now.  This year's list was a little more difficult to create, because I'll be married for 11 months of it, and I've never been married before so I don't know exactly what that will look like.  Not that I ever know exactly what my year will look like, but I have been pretty positive in birthdays past that I wouldn't be washing a man's dirty socks on a weekly basis.  But this year, that'll happen.

So, three days into my 24th year, I have my list.  It has both silly and serious, long-term and short-term goals.  Some are obviously more important than others, and some are just things I've always thought it would be cool to do.  So I say, why not this year?  


24 Goals for My 24th Year:

1) Get wifed up!
2) Build a piece of furniture.  This includes learning to use a saw.
3) Memorize a chapter (or multiple) of the Bible.
4) Learn Spanish.
5) Throw a dinner party.
6) Learn to relax and enjoy it.
7) Complete a sprint triathlon.
8) Train Penny to jump through a hoop.
9) Start a business. (Info on this coming in the near-ish future!)
10) Nail down a long(er) term job.
11) Go camping with Daniel, since it'll be okay for us to stay in the same tent! YAY!
12) Create a for real budget and stick to it.
13) Become fluent in our new camera.
14) Hold a handstand for 30+ seconds. 
15) Keep plant(s) alive for a significant amount of time.
16) Learn to ballroom dance.
17) Catch a fish. (It's been too long!)
18) Become a dedicated journaler again.
19) Start a skincare regimen.  I'm not getting any younger!
20) Smile more! (I suffer from B-Word Face.  It's a real thing.)
21) Float a river.
22) Learn to rock climb.
23) Unplug one day a week.
24) Celebrate our first anniversary with a little trip or something, because staying married is important and should be celebrated!






No comments:

Post a Comment