Tuesday, September 3, 2013

(Pt. 2) : Healing


I hugged my mother in my driveway and said, "See you soon," shortly after the sun came up yesterday.  If you told me a month or two ago that I'd be spending my long Labor Day weekend showing her around NWA and talking through wedding plans from start to finish, I don't know if I would have believed you.  But that is what I did, and it was kind of wonderful.

I don't mean that to be a knock on my mom at all.  No family is perfect because no father, mother, son or daughter is perfect.  And my family has been riding out a pretty heavy storm for a good chunk of time now.  All four of us have been weighed down by a lot of hurt and shame and confusion and we've handled it in our own individual ways.  It would have been easy to give up hope on ever restoring relationships, and some days I've straight up written off believing in the possibility of things ever changing for the better.  

But most days I prayed they somehow still could.  And the cool thing is, where there is hurt and shame and confusion with us as ugly, broken people, there is healing and forgiveness and wisdom with the Lord.  

It was so good to see you, Mom, thanks for coming. Love you.



1 comment:

  1. Jordan that is awesome, only Jesus can bring healing and true restoration. I am so happy for you guys and all that our Jesus is doing in your lives! Jesus showed us love and forgiveness through His shed blood! Blessings to you and Daniel.

    Camille

    ReplyDelete