Thursday, October 3, 2013

Government Shutdown = Wedding Venue Shutdown

Sometimes things just don't work out the way you plan, no matter how well you think things through.  
I never could have anticipated this:


This is what our wedding venue website currently looks like.  Their voicemail pretty much says the exact same thing.

We're three weeks out.  Plenty of time for things to turn around.  Based on my research, though, it looks like a lot of federally funded national parks are canceling all October reservations.  I'm not sure if that means our reservation will hold up whether the shutdown continues or not.  

When Daniel broke the news to me today, I teared up a little.  I admit it.  I've worked really hard on planning for the past nine and a half months and I didn't expect to circle back around to the first thing I checked off my list--book the venue.  

But, such is life, and Daniel and I will get married either way!  We agreed we both don't care where it is (his words were something like, "I'll marry you in the Walmart parking lot, for all I care..."), but we have to keep the 100+ people who are traveling to NWA in mind.  We need a place to party with them!

So I will find a second suitable venue in case we need it.  Daniel and I will get married, and no one can stop us--not even the President of the grand ol' U.S. of A.

1 comment:

  1. I am feeling sorry to hear this. I think you should consult with some website developer and website manager.
    Wedding location in Chicago

    ReplyDelete