Sunday, July 28, 2013

At Home Haircut

Daniel's hair grows crazy fast.  To maintain the length he prefers, he'd need to get a haircut every two weeks.  I wish some of that would rub off on me for this whole growing my hair out for the wedding thing--booooo.

We've been really analyzing our salaries and working out creating a serious budget for the few months leading up to our wedding and our first few years of marriage.  We're setting goals on what we'd like to save and how--and that means cutting back on lots of silly spending and cutting out a lot of things completely.

Daniel has been asking me to cut his hair for a couple of years now, which would save him $20 plus every month.  I've cut several of his friends hair but have been too nervous to attempt his.  This is partially because his friends mostly had long, curly hair and I didn't risk accidentally cutting big bald spots in their heads, and Daniel's is very straight and fairly short.  I also really wouldn't want to make my future husband look like an idiot.  

But with all this budget talk, I decided to man up and break my shears out tonight.  
Here's the before and after:




We are both pretty pleased with how it turned out--he looks dang good! :)

Taking twenty minutes to cut Daniel's hair was a nice little break from putting together invitations, which consumed most of our weekend.  Photos of those in the next day or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment