Monday, June 10, 2013

Weekend Recap: Just What I Needed


Daniel bought me a pair of new mocs this weekend because my very cute dog chewed mine up a while back. So comfy!

We headed to Tulsa Friday after work for a weekend full of checking things off my June wedding planning list.  And check things off, I did!  Saturday morning we met with our photographer, Michelle.  It was wonderful to finally meet her in person, and Cafe Cubana's delicious iced chai only made the morning better. 

Nataley and Rachel came over Saturday afternoon to catch up on wedding stuff and life stuff.  We sat in my dad's living room for three hours and just talked, and it was one of the best chunks of time I've had in a while.  I miss seeing those girls on a daily basis.  But, I'm extremely thankful for their willingness to support me and this whole weird wedding deal from a couple hours away.  They're the bomb diggity.

I also got to spend some quality time with my padre this weekend.  Both mornings we went on hour-long walks.  My dad quit smoking a few months ago, and I couldn't be more proud of him.  He's excited to get into shape, and I'm excited to see it happen! I have the best dad in the world, forreal.

Before we left town, Daniel and I stopped by James Avery and purchased his wedding band. Yay!  It's good to have both rings in our possession--we're really getting married! :)

I'm leaving work a few minutes early today to meet the AT&T guy at the house--Daniel got internet for me for our anniversary last week!  Haha I've been living without it since I moved last January.  It's been really nice in a lot of ways, but it'll be great to be able to get work done at home and watch stuff on Netflix, since I don't have cable, either.  He's the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment