Sunday, June 16, 2013

Daniel's Birthday: Lake and Surprise Party!






Yesterday was just the best day--that's all there is to it.  Daniel turned 23, and we did it big, for sure.  We spent several hours swimming and kayaking at Lake Wedington--right by the lodge we'll be married in in four short months.  It was awesome to experience more of what the lake has to offer, and it was my first time in a kayak!  I loved it.

Daniel's parents came to town and took us to dinner at a potential rehearsal dinner location, and it was delicious.  Then Daniel and I came back to the house so he could "take a nap" before maybe going out for a drink later.  

He was SHOCKED when we walked in and twenty-ish of his closest friends were hiding in our living room.  I can't believe I was able to pull off a surprise party for him! It was pretty stressful keeping such a secret from the person I trust with more information than anyone else, but it was so worth it.  I had so much fun watching everyone love on him, and I could tell it made his heart full.  

Happy birthday, my love!


No comments:

Post a Comment