Thursday, October 17, 2013

Back in Business & Groom Gift Ideas

THE GOVERNMENT IS OPEN AND I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH THE REC MANAGER AT THE LAKE AND WE'RE STILL HAVING OUR WEDDING THERE AND WE DON'T HAVE TO MAKE 130 PHONE CALLS THIS WEEKEND!

I'm overwhelmed with excitement, obviously. I mean, just, YES.

ANYWAY. Now that we can move forward knowing where we'll be, I thought I'd share a few ideas I planned on posting before all this mess threw me for a congressman's big ol' head-sized loop.

Groom gift ideas (from the bride)!
Daniel isn't one for carrying a flask around or wearing cufflinks, and I'm not one for taking naked photos of myself to hand over to someone to deliver to my almost husband right before the wedding, which is mostly what you'll find if you search for groom gifts on Pinterest.  So I knew I had to get a little creative.  Here are a few ideas I entertained but didn't end up purchasing:


1) Tie of the Month Subscription-- Daniel looks really good in a skinny tie.  I thought I was going to spend a little on him before we bought our camera as our big wedding gift to each other, so I was leaning toward this option for a while.

2) Sock of the Month Subscription-- After hinting at Daniel getting a new tie for a few weeks and him repeating a response along the lines of, "I don't really have a need to buy more ties," I started to feel like my gift might be more exciting for me than it would be for him.  Around the same time, he started complaining about not having enough nice socks for work.  So I searched for this type of subscription instead, and it exists!

3) Crazy Supernintendo/Gameboy Hybrid-- I was going to write a little note about this being his go-to when he wanted some time away from me or something.  But then he found it on his own one day and talked about how cool it was and I came clean about planning on getting it for him for a wedding present, because it was no longer a surprise.  Have I mentioned how much I love giving gifts that the receiver never knew they wanted?

So there you go--a few groom gift ideas for the slightly unconventional couple :)

No comments:

Post a Comment