Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Wedding Inspiration: Wildflowers


I love an unkempt bouquet--one that looks as if you may have just picked the flowers from the ground yourself.  I actually considered attempting to do so for my wedding, but was talked out of it by several more level-headed people.  There are pretty yellow, red, white, and purple wildflowers that grow all along the Ozarks in the fall, but counting on them to do so is a little risky.  So I've done quite a bit of research on the cost of flowers at local shops and elsewhere.  I've come to find that slapping the word "wedding" on a bouquet makes it much more expensive.  The best option (not just because it's the cheapest, but because I really do want to arrange the flowers myself) as of now looks like Sam's Club.  They have bulk and bundle options that should fulfill all of my flower needs within my budget, according to reviews.


^^ I like the wildflower/filler flower look for the majority of a bouquet.

However, I do prefer the idea of supporting a local business.  I'm considering taking our fundraiser details and these quotes from Sam's Club to a few local shops and seeing what I can get within my budget.  And maybe I'll mix and match from several places, I'm not sure yet.  I also plan to dry some flowers for a few DIY decor projects--sneak peek at those to come.

Anyway, I really wanted to share some lovely bouquets I've saved as inspiration.  I hope just looking at the pictures makes you experience a bit of the joy I feel in the presence of wildflowers.  I collect as many handfuls as I can and fill my apartment with them in the warmer months.



No comments:

Post a Comment