Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Planning Progress: The Venue

Although I'm almost three months late in creating this blog (I can't believe we've been engaged for almost three months!), I want to fulfill my promise to those of you who have asked me, "How in the world are you going to pull off a wedding for under $2,000?"

I have had moments of doubt, for sure.  But, as we dive deeper into the planning process, I believe it's completely doable.  And not just doable, but I really think we're going to have our beautiful dream wedding and not have to do a whole lot of sacrificing things we really wanted to be a part of our day.  AND we get to bless the talented people we love by allowing them to bless us and all you wonderful people with their gifts.  Eeeek.  I'm excited.

I guess I should pause to explain a few things, in case there is anyone reading who isn't familiar with what Daniel and I are called to do with this whole wedding business.  For an extensive explanation, go here:




Anyway, I still can't believe I get to marry Daniel Rock AND be a part of something like this.  Ahhh! I'm in an overwhelmingly wonderful place in life today, and I'm so thankful so many people want to join me in it.  You all are great, for real.

I suppose I should land on a topic for today.  For now, I plan to post a planning progress update once a week or so.  I feel like this would be a good place to start in answering the "How in the world...?" question, so here we go!

Drumroll...the gorgeous venue!  We will exchange vows in this lovely little lodge on Lake Wedington in Fayetteville, Arkansas.


Booking the venue was the very first thing we did when we got engaged.  We actually spent a day exploring and taking photos out here last fall and knew then we wanted to get married here.  But, we weren't engaged yet. Luckily, our date was still available (you can book a year out) after Daniel popped the question in December.  Here's us on the day we visited the lake:


^^Good lookin' man, right there.


Ignore my face.  I was excited, I promise.


Andddd there's an adorable little boat dock right behind the lodge.  I'm daydreaming of all the photos we'll take out there.

:)  The lodge really is perfect for us.  I grew up spending every possible minute on the lake with my family, and Daniel and I love exploring places like this together.  And in the fall, surrounded by all the colors on the trees...ahhh.  This is the kind of venue we would swoon over, no matter the cost.  So, you can imagine our shock and my weird squeals of excitement when we found out it's only $150 for the entire day.  Eek!  

We will have the ceremony AND reception in and around the lodge, which will not only eliminate the cost of a second venue, but also extra travel for our lovely guests.  We hope to be dancing and hugging our loved ones very quickly after we say, "I do!"

Now let's pray for safe travel and pretty trees!


No comments:

Post a Comment