Saturday, March 23, 2013

Shoe Shopping




Today was a very gloomy, wet Saturday in Tulsa.  I stayed in bed a little too late for the sake of avoiding the rain as long as possible.  When I got up, I went to TJ Maxx to return an impulse purchase I made last night--matching silk robes for my bridesmaids.  Not my style at all.  My intention last night was to see if a rug I fell in love with several days ago was still there, and when it wasn't, I started wandering around--never a good idea when I have my mind made up on spending money on something.

After returning the robes, I headed out to Jenks to walk through one of my favorite thrift spots, River City Trading Post, and I ended up finding a few very cute, very cheap things I'm pretty excited about.  More on today's River City trip in tomorrow's post!

The first photo above was taken during my last stop of the day.  Nataley and I braved the mall crowd to look for bridesmaids' shoe ideas (Isn't her dress adorable?).  All four girls are wearing different dresses, so they'll wear different shoes, too.  But, we're having a hard time narrowing down a color and type of shoe for the dress color, style, and season.  We entertained the idea of Nat wearing a little glitter as my Matron of Honor.

I head back to Fayetteville early in the morning, and the weatherman is saying snow might just accompany me during the drive.  It's supposed to be spring! I can't wait to get back and serve in the preschool tomorrow morning and then partake in the Lord's Supper with my church family tomorrow evening, but leaving my childhood home is always tough (and sometimes way too emotional!).  Sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment