Thursday, August 8, 2013

Planning Progress: Wedding Invitations

We began sending out invitations last week--we're for real getting married!


Even though I designed about 12 different invitation options, the one we ended up landing on was super easy to put together.  After experimenting with color images and not falling in love with how they were printing, I decided I liked black font on Kraft paper.  I found and downloaded as many free fonts as possible (you can look up free fonts on Pinterest--there are a LOT of really cute ones!) and basically just played around with them until I liked what I saw.

The graphic is from a vintage botanical print--there are also lots of free vintage printables on the big ol' world wide web.  So convenient, and I really love botanical prints lately.  It took a little time to find a few options I liked for fall, but they're out there!  


After getting them printed (I'm blessed to have family in Tulsa with a printing and advertising company), I spent all of my free time for two days addressing envelopes.  I never knew all my doodling in middle and high school would be good for something! 

Then Daniel and I got to work putting them together and sealing them in envelopes over a few episodes of Friday Night Lights (our first Netflix show together! haha).  

We tied a strand of twine around the invite and RSVP card, then stuck a little dried baby's breath under the bow.  I was shocked that we only used about half of a dried baby's breath bouquet from Hobby Lobby for all of them, which is only a few dollars (and even less with their every day 40% off coupon).


We've already gotten a few RSVPs back--no turning back now! Haha :)

1 comment:

  1. beast collection of invitation can we get model in wedding planner mobile app free for plan wedding invitation design

    ReplyDelete